Home State Bank is committed to the well-being of the communities we serve through financial support along with volunteerism to not-for-profit organizations provided by our dedicated associates. We choose to partner with not-for-profit organizations whose offerings are intended to enhance the health, safety and economic stability of McHenry County. These philanthropic endeavors include, but are not limited to:
- Health Services
- Educational Programs
- Shelter for the Homeless
- Exposure to the Arts and Athletics
- Safety for the Abused
In addition to our financial support, we are proud of our associates for consistently serving countless hours to support local not-for-profit organizations.
We receive many requests for donations every year. As that number increases, we want to ensure we continue our tradition of community involvement, along with complying with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations. Therefore, we have developed the guidelines below:
- Requests are limited to not-for-profit organizations that operate in the communities in which we serve and are located within a 10-mile radius of a HSB branch.
- Requests are limited to organizations, not individuals. Organizations applying for a contribution must be tax exempt. If the applying organization receives federal or state funding, it may be considered for funding if it has a local chapter
- Requests will only be considered for specific events or programs. No contributions will be granted for the discretionary, non-specific use of an organization or for operating expenses
- HSB will not accept requests for political purposes including political groups.
Organizations need to complete a Contribution & Sponsorship Request Form. This application is available through the link below.
- December 1st Deadline for receipt of all new requests for an event sponsorship, grant or contribution that will occur during the following calendar year. Due to high volume of requests, the committee will only review and give consideration to applications submitted through our online website portal and prior to the deadline.
- Beginning December 15th , all requesting entities will be notified whether or not Home State Bank will sponsor their event, provide a grant, or give a contribution. This notification time period will be completed before the end of the year and then funds will be disbursed close to the actual event occurring.